Let’s talk cycles. Mostly we’re blissfully ignorant of all the cycles that govern our day-to-day.
But if we want to feel great, it’s critical we get lined up with them for our body to function symptom-free (aka, body efficiency).
Just think about how much really happens in cycles –
- Hunger & digestion
- Craniosacral pulsation
- Cycles of rest & activity
- Times of organ activity
- Times when the body absorbs nutrients and when it naturally cleans itself out
- Systole & diastole of the heart pulsation
- The inhale, exhale and pauses in between the breath
If you’re a woman, your cycle is being pulled by the moon just like the tide and governed by, to be frank, quite a poetic symphony of hormones not unlike the ebb and tide of the ocean.
Here are habits that destroy cycles in the body
- Sleeping late at night
- Stress, in particular, low-level but prolonged stress
- Eating at irregular times
- Eating late at night
- Alcohol and other drugs
- Vata-aggravating activities & foods (Vata is the force that is governing all rhythms in the body!)
- Ignoring natural urges like sleep, toilet, urine, sneezing and other fun one
Here’s what works to reset rhythms (ie that makes you feel great again and gives your body what you need)
- Correcting Vata, in particular balancing upward & downward forces in the body
- Deep yoga asana (by that I mean when your mind gets out of the way. How do you know? When you have a really deeeeep relaxation in savasana at the end.
- Right exercise – not too much, not too little
- Repeated full deep breathing
- Eating at regular times
- Eating an early dinner
- Developing effective stress-reducing techniques – that you use!
- Avoiding stimulants and alcohol
- Following your reliable natural urges
Now is the only moment to take action. Learn what to do to balance your hormones in our Menopause by Design program