Coconut Chia Seed Pops!
• 403 ml (14 oz.) can full fat coconut milk
• 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
• 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 3 tablespoons black chia
• 200 g (2 cups) berries of your choice (sliced strawberries, raspberries and blueberries)
1. In a mixing bowl (having a spout is handy!), mix coconut milk, maple syrup, lemon juice and chia seeds. Whisk until completely combined.
2. Refrigerate for 20 minutes (so chia seeds can thicken).
3. Place a few berries at the bottom of the Popsicle mold and pour in coconut milk mixture, filling 2/3 full. Add the rest of the berries to the mold until they are almost full.
4. Add the Popsicle sticks, cover and freeze for at least 6 hours.
5. ENJOY! ????
Foods are only for people with super strong agni & excellence in digestion. Save this one for a hot day!
Tuna & Sweet Potato “Bruschetta” (Servings 4-8)
• 3 medium sweet potatoes, cut lengthwise into ¼ inch slices
• 1 tsp. olive oil
• 2 cans Tuna (packed in water) (do not drain)
• 372.5 g (2½ cups) cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 9 g (⅓ cup) packed basil, roughly chopped
• 1 Tbsp. olive oil
• 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
• salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. Place sweet potato slices in a mixing bowl and toss with 1 tsp. olive oil.
4. Spread sweet potato slices out evenly on baking sheets, giving each slice a little space.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Flip to the other side and bake for 10 more minutes until golden brown.
6. Meanwhile, toss the tuna (AND tuna water), cherry tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
7. When sweet potatoes are done, let cool.
8. Top sweet potato slices with tuna mixture, and enjoy!
Chia Watermelon Fresca (Serves 1)
• 228 g (1 1/2 cups) seedless watermelon cubes
• 3 tbsp. water
• 1 tbsp. chia seeds
• 1 slice lime, for garnish
• Sprig of mint, or strawberries, for garnish
1. In a blender, puree watermelon and water until smooth.
2. Stir in chia seeds and let them sit for about 5 minutes (to thicken up).
3. Stir again, and let it thicken for as long as you’d like!
4. Pour into a glass over ice and garnish with lime and sprig of mint or strawberries.
Tip: Always eat melon on its own, 3 hours min. away from other foods. Ice drinks only on uber hot days!
Eggs with Beet & Kale Hash
• 450 g (1 lb.) beets, washed, peeled and diced
• 225 g (1/2 lb.) Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and diced
• 1 sweet onion, diced
• 3-4 cloves of garlic, smashed and chopped
• Beet greens (from 6 beets), chopped
• 5-6 kale leaves, ribs removed, chopped
• 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
• Handful fresh parsley
• 3-4 fried eggs
1. In a fry pan, put in diced raw beets and potatoes with plus enough water to cover them (about 3 cups). Season with salt and bring to a boil and cook for about 7 minutes.
2. Drain and set aside the beets and potatoes.
3. In the same pan, add olive oil, onion and garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
4. Add in kale and beet greens, and cook until wilted (2- 3 mins). Set aside.
5. Heat oil in the fry pan over med-high heat. Add back potatoes and beets and press firmly into a layer, and allow the veggies to brown. Once crispy, flip to the other side.
6. Add kale and beet greens, stirring to combine. Let the entire mixture crisp up for another few minutes.
7. Top with 3-4 fried eggs and parsley.
Serve immediately and enjoy!!
Beetle Juice (Servings 2)
• 2 Tbsp. peeled and chopped fresh ginger
• 1 medium beet, scrubbed & chopped
• 4 medium carrots, scrubbed & sliced
• 1 medium apple, cored & cubed
• 1 cup water
1. Steam all ingredients until you can slide a knife through.
2.In a blender, combine ginger, beet, carrots, apple, and water… and blend!
3. Strain juice if desired.
(Refrigerate for up to 2 days.