- 454g (1 pound) lean ground turkey
- Juice and zest of ½ medium orange
- Juice and zest of ½ medium lemon
- Juice and zest of ½ medium lime
- 5g (¼ cup) chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, plus more for garnish
- 15g (¼ cup) chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 5g (¼ cup) chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for sautéing
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. kosher or fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. ground red lentils
- 25 small skewers or picks, for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey with the juice and zest of the orange, lemon, and lime. Add all herbs and olive oil. Season with chili powder, salt, and pepper, and stir well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- The following day, take bowl out of the refrigerator, and allow turkey it come to room temperature.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl with the turkey, add red lentils, and mix until fully combined.
- Using your hands, make 25 golf-ball sized meatballs!
- Heat a large sauté pan over high heat. Coat the bottom of the pan with olive oil, and sauté the meatballs for 4 minutes per side, until crisp and golden.