Here are three recipes you will want to make this month!
Cherry Pie Crumble Bars (Servings 12)
For the Dough:
• 3/4 cup chopped almonds
• 2 cups gluten free oat flour
• 1 cup quick oats
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup maple syrup
• 1/2 cup coconut oil
For the Cherry Filling:
• 4 cups fresh (or frozen) cherries
• 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×9 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Spread the almonds out on a baking sheet and bake for about 7 minutes until golden brown. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, combine oat flour, quick oats and salt. Stir in maple syrup and coconut oil. Using your hands, pinch mixture together to incorporate coconut oil.
4. Add walnuts, and knead to combine.
5. Press 2/3 of the mixture into baking dish, making sure it’s one solid crust. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, add the frozen cherries into a saucepan. Heat over medium heat until the cherries are defrosted and the sauce is simmering. Use a fork or potato masher to gently break cherries into smaller pieces. Remove from the heat, add in the arrowroot starch mixture. Return to heat and simmer. Remove from the heat and set aside.
7. Pour the cherry filling over the baked crust and sprinkle on the remaining crumble.
8. Bake uncovered for 14 to 18 minutes, until the topping is firm.
9. Let cool for 45 to 60 minutes. Enjoy!!!!
Sea Salt & Vinegar Zucchini Chips (Servings 2)
• 1 zucchini, cut into thin, 1/8 inch slices (about 48 slices)
• 1 tablespoon malt vinegar
• 1.5 teaspoons olive oil
• 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 200°F.
2. Carefully toss zucchini, vinegar, and oil in a medium bowl, tossing to coat well. Let marinate for about 10 minutes.
3. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, and place zucchini slices in a single layer.
4. Season lightly with salt.
5. Bake at 200°F for 2 to 2.5 hours, or until chips are crispy and lightly golden. Flip chips after the first hour. Remove from oven; cool completely.
Asparagus Soup (Servings 2-4)
• 1 yellow onion, diced
• 2 tsp. olive oil
• 1lb. asparagus spears
• ½ head cauliflower, chopped
• 4 cups organic, low-sodium chicken stock
• Sea salt & cracked black pepper
1. Snap ends off asparagus. Shave 3 spears with a vegetable peeler to create ribbons, set aside. Chop remaining asparagus.
2. In a large pot over medium heat, sauté onion in oil until translucent. Add chopped asparagus and cauliflower and cook for about 3 more minutes.
3. Add stock and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20-30 minutes until cauliflower is very tender.
4. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, and serve garnished with shaved raw asparagus and fresh pepper.