Signs it is time for a Panchakarma
- Feeling bloated, pants becoming tight
- Stomach feels stuck or full
- You craving a reset button on life
- You’re exhausted
- Feeling depressed, or having a hard time staying optimistic
- You’re searching for last-minute escapes to sunshine destinations
- Feeling anxious & stressed
- Having trouble getting out of bed in the morning
- Painful periods
- Joint pain
- Back pain & musculoskeletal problems
- Neurological problems
- Needing to interrupt chronic diseases
- Menopause complaints including hot flashes
- Rheuamtic conditions
- Overweight, stubborn weight gain
- Intestinal complaints & stomach problems
- You don’t get hungry for each meal
- You easily give in to sugar cravings
- You get headaches
- Good for:
- Quick relaxation & energy boost
- Get a fresh feeling when you’re limited on time
- Short-term digestive problem
- What’s included:
- 1. Intake Consultation complete health overview before your cleanse day. Allow 75 minutes. Have you had an appointment @ Atma Ayurveda in the last 6 months? > save €100
- 2. Treatment Day – experience Pindaswedan steaming herb bundles full body treatment. Add recommended Bliss therapies for an add-on cost.
- 3. Cleanse Day – advance instruction guidance for your at-home purgation
- Good for:
- Feeling light in the body and clear in the mind
- Getting a jumpstart to healing
- Addresses digestive problems developed within about 1 year
- Giving you a taster of what a full Panchakarma experience would be like
- What’s included:
- 1. Intake Consultation complete health overview at least 2 weeks before your cleanse start date. Allow 75 minutes. Have you had an appointment @ Atma Ayurveda in the last 6 months? > save €100
- 2. Prep Appointment to give you complete instructions on how to prepare for your cleans, and schedule treatments. Allow 45 minutes.
- 3. Three Treatment Days – experience Pindaswedan steaming herb bundles full body treatment. Add recommended Bliss therapies for an additional cost.
- 4. Cleanse Day – on-call guidance for your at-home purgation
- 5. Post-Cleanse Appointment receive instruction on the special after-cleanse diet and care. Allow 45 minutes.
- A highly specialized detoxification sequence of procedures.
- Best for:
- Interupting & relieving chronic conditions
- Relieves long-standing digestive problems and conditions beyond the digestive tract
- Eliminating excess Vata, Pitta or Kapha that contribute to disease progression
- Your Panchakarma cleanse will include a preparation sequence for either 1 or 2 strong actions. Includes immediate post care (special diet and guidance), and Extended post care in the form of the Vitality Recharge to keep lasting results.
- Price is dependant on your unique needs, which can be determined only after complete evaluation during your first appointment. We will also discuss whether 1 or 2 cycles of Panchakarma treatments are recommended (and if you can commit to 1 or 2 cycles). See below to learn about treatment cycles
- Price from €1500 for Vitality Recharge members.
Watch Panchakarma webinar
Here’s a bit about the progression of Ayurvedic detox treatments:
It starts by following a special diet for a first week before treatments.
The second week you’ll receive massage and Ayurvedic treatments at the clinic to prepare your body for a strong acting cleansing technique.
The third week is dedicated to resting and easing back into eating foods which are appropriate to your constitution.
All Panchakarma candidates follow the Atma Ayurveda Annual Pass so that you can maintain the results you get from the cleanse.
This is created from experience: I have seen many, many people finish panchakarma, then leave treatment centers without a structure and fall back into old habits and have serious setbacks in their health.
I vowed to give my clients proper support before and after.
If you are new to panchakarma, it is only natural that you underestimate the time needed to protect afterwards.
We are all out of touch with what I call “bio time” – allowing the body the time it actually needs, rather that what fits into our busy schedules.
Panchakarma is a wonderful slowing down, with deep physical, emotional and spiritual breakthroughs. We want to create circumstances wherein your experience can unfold, so it becomes smoothly integrated into your ‘real life’.
The post-panchakarma support of the Annual Pass continues your feeling of freedom and ease, long after the treatment intensive itself is completed.
5 Easy steps to start
Step 1 Schedule an intake consultation to start pre-cleanse advice
Step 2 Set dates for your Panchakarma
Step 3 Follow the preparation & treatments
Step 4 Feel light, clear and complete again
Step 5 Keep the results! Your full Panchakarma includes with a free year support in Vitality Recharge
These simple steps ensure you will experience a deep detox, and be able to embed the effects into your routine, root your new mindset, and set up a clean lifestyle for years to come!
What is Full Panchakarma
In Panchakarma, your experience happens in treatment cycles. Each treatment cycle leads up to a ‘strong action’ (karma). Based on your condition you are typically recommended 1 or 2 treatment cycles.
First Treatment Cycle
A single treatment cycle includes proper steps leading up to a strong therapeutic action:
- Pre-PK consultation
- Home Preparation* (1 week to 2 months)
- Treatment cycle – 5-7 days of preparations at the clinic including massage, etc
- Strong action (vomina, virechana, basti etc)
- Recovery & Rasayana therapy
- Recovery diet, regaining strength and full capacity
Second Treatment Cycle
If needed and you select an extended Panchakarma.
Includes first treatment cycle, then directly after a couple rest days, we start massage, etc again to prepare for second action:
- Second Treatment Cycle – 3 daysof preparations at clinic
- Second strong action
- Rest & Rasayana therapy
- Recovery diet, regaining strength and full capacity
Do I need 1 or 2 cycles for my PK?
A Typical Treatment Day
A full body treatment will be selected for you based on your condition as a base treatment. These treatments could include:
- abhyangha – herbal oil
- udvartana – dry exfoliating
- pinda swedan – steaming herb bundles
Typically your PK starts with udvartana and progresses to abhyangha
Your treatment day may also include one of the following:
- Head Massage – Face, head and neck with special attention to marma points
- STEAM – Opens purification channels & drives the herbal oil deeper; Special seated box to protect the head from heat
- Nasya Treatment – herbal nose drops selected for your condition
You also have the option of adding on a variety of our signature Bliss Therapies
- Castor Oil Pack
- Eye Strain Soak
- Relaxation Ear Soak
- Breath Detox
- Oil dam soak on painful area
- Herbal paste poultice
After panchakarma, the mind becomes super clear
but the body remains delicate at first, for about a month. It is enters a longer phase where it is rewiring itself around how it can function in this new, clean reality with higher functioning cells and tissues, and upregulating those functions.
This is a process of your biological body and needs to follow ‘ “bio time”. I personally have seen panchakarma’s effects extending into 3 months, which is fantastic!! But it also gives the obvious challenge: you’ve already taken precious time out of your schedule to interrupt disease progress, how are you going to continue to support that AND go back to full time work, play and social life?
So to allow the maximum extension of the effects, and protect the process, there needs to be a structured support in place to help the individual continue the results & avoid going straight back into damaging eating, lifestyle or stress patterns.
A Panchakarma Taster is a short cleanse for people who are unable to commit to a full PK
2 weeks before first treatment day – Intake Consultation complete health overview at least 2 weeks before your cleanse start date. Allow 75 minutes.
7-10 days before first treatment day – Prep Appointment to give you complete instructions on how to prepare for your cleans, and schedule treatments. Allow 45 minutes.
Three Treatment Days – leading up to Cleanse Day. Experience Pindaswedan steaming herb bundles full body treatment. Add recommended Bliss therapies for an additional cost. Expect 2 hours at the Atma Clinic, 3 days in a row
Cleanse Day – on-call guidance for your at-home purgation
Day after Cleanse Day – Post-Cleanse Appointment – receive instruction on the special after-cleanse diet and care. Allow 45 minutes.
A Panchakarma Taster is good for:
Feeling light in the body and clear in the mind
Getting a jumpstart to healing
Addresses digestive problems developed within about 1 year
Giving you a taster of what a full Panchkarma is